Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 ¼ pounds boneless - skinless chicken breasts(free range) (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 teaspoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 2 cups diced red pepper
- 1 cup of zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce(less sodium brand)
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
Combine chicken and almond flour in a small bowl and toss to coat. Heat sesame oil in wok/deep pan over medium heat, add chicken and stir fry 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from wok.
Add green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and powdered ginger to the wok and stir fry for 15 seconds. Combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and add the sauce to the wok. Return chicken to the wok and coat with sauce. Stir in roasted peanuts. Heat thoroughly. Top with additional green onions.